Monday, November 2, 2015

Super HEALTHY Chocolate AVOCADO Mousse

Avocados.
Very delicious and very versatile.
There are so many amazing benefits of adding avocados to your diet.
*avocados are a heart healthy food. 
*they are extremely high in healthy fats
*they are very nutritious
*tons of fiber
*tons of vitamins: 
~Vitamin K, A, E, & C
~Vitamin B-1, 2, 3, 5, & 6
~Folate
~Potassium
~Iron 
~Zinc
and so many more
*There are 2g of protein in each serving and 15g healthy fats.
*There is no cholesterol and apparently it helps lower it aswell.
*There is no sodium.
*Avocados have more potassium than a banana and are a powerful antioxidant
*With 9g of carbs and 7g of fiber there are only 2 net carbs.
*Its believed that people who have avocados in their diet tend to be healthier.
*Apparently an avocado is the healthiest food you can buy at the store.

These are just some of the amazing benefits you can get from one little avocado.

why not eat them? 

Im personally not a huge fan of how they taste. 
I love my homemade guacamole, and I can eat it mashed on a sandwich, But I cant just eat it in a spoonful or by itself.
And I have now found that I can eat it as a mousse.
Avocado when blended is the perfect light yet "moussey" texture.
I actually prefer this to actual mousse!
This isnt just a healthy girl that likes "nasty healthy things" saying this.
I know there are some things "healthy people" say to try and its gross but I promise you this is not one of those things!
All you can taste is super rich chocolate mousse!
I mean who doesnt love chocolate?!
Im going to try more and more recipes now because I love how it is with chocolate. 
You cant even taste it or if you can, you can barely tell.
This is ABSOLUTELY delicious. 
Decadent
Healthy
And EXTREMELY easy to make anyone could do it. 
You really cant mess this up!!


Im sure you're ready for the recipe now





You will need:
~ 1 Ripe Avocado
~ 4 Tbs Cocoa Powder (raw or just baking)
~ 3 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
~ 4 1/2 Tbs Agave Nectar
~ 1/8 cup Dark Chocolate 60% and higher


Step 1~ Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time and stir (no longer or will burn, VERY easy to do so)
Step 2~ Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3~ Serve now or put in a container and serve later.

*My recipe made about 2 1/2 SMALL servings.(last picture) If you need more just double or triple the recipe.


*I put mine in small containers so when I want a treat I can just grab a small serving out of the fridge. 


*If not eating right away and storing in the fridge I might let it thaw on the counter for about 10 minutes or so. It might be good or better cold, not sure


*This is super rich and decadent so these small servings are just enough for me. :)


Give it a try!!
Let me know what you think:)

jclove
<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment