Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Delicious healthy Acai Bowl

As you may or may not know I love sweet healthy things.
So the second I found out about acai I had to learn more about it.
 (is it pronounced "ak-eye" or "AS-I-E")
Acai berries contain antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fats. They might even have more antioxidants than other berries we consume. This bowl is great for breakfast because it is an energy boosting fruit. It is also great for your immune system because it is very high in vitamin C. Which is a great thing to start your day off with:) 
This bowl if made correctly and not with a bunch of sugar can also aid in weight loss. I say this because it is extremely healthy and filling and will keep you full for awhile. It also satisfies your sweet tooth. 

You can make this as a smoothie if on the go or in a bowl.
 (I really enjoy the bowl because all of the yummy toppings I add)

The main ingredient in this bowl I have made above is of course Acai. 
I used a brand called Sambazon.
I chose the unsweetened packs only because I try to avoid sugar as much as I can and if I want it a bit sweeter I can always add a bit of agave nectar which is great for any drinks or most baking.

The second and also important ingredient is GoodBelly's mango probiotic drink. 
Probiotics are so good for you as-well, boosting your immune system and helping your body with digestion. So using this as my liquid for this recipe is great!

I also add about 5 or 6 frozen berries, Its not needed, I just think it adds a bit of flavor.

The last thing I add before blending is some lemon juice. Either fresh squeezed or just from the bottle, I have the bottled pure lemon juice because I use it so often its cheaper to just buy the juice than to buy and squeeze lemons. Either way both are great.
Lemon juice or lime juice are a great additive to any smoothie or Acai bowl. It adds a bit of a kick to it and brings out the fruit flavors nicely. If you havent done it before you must try it! Not too much just a bit maybe 1/8 cup. 
One of my favorite smoothies is a Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie where I use a bit more lemon juice. Ill have a post about that soon:)

After blended you can add your favorite granola and any fruits you love on tip. I didn't make it too pretty, unlike other peoples I've seen they make it look like an art piece. 
I love the crunch from the granola on top. That's normally all I add to mine. When I want to switch it up like today I add banana, dried cranberries, and a swirl of strawberry yogurt with a sprinkle of granola on top.

This is an absolute delicious and healthy breakfast. If made correctly it can have great benefits.

Here is how I make it step by step

You will need:

for the bowl
~ 1 Sambazon Acai Smoothie Pack (unsweetened)
~ 1/4 cup of Goodbelly Mango Probiotic Drink
~ 1/8 cup of lemon juice (organic)
~ sprinkle of frozen berries (organic)

for the toppings
~ 1/2 banana (chopped) (organic)
~ sprinkle of dried cranberries (unsweetened organic)
~ 3 tbs of strawberry yogurt
~ 1/2 cup of granola (organic)

Step 1~ Run the acai pack under warm water for about 5 seconds, Break up in the bag (a couple big chunks is fine) and pour into a blender.
Step 2~ Add the rest of the "bowl" ingredients and blend until smooth. (if not blending you can add a bit more liquid, but NOT TOO MUCH you don't want this to be a smoothie or like soup you want this to be a thicker smoothie, maybe between a smoothie and ice-cream.) **if you do end up adding too much or its soupy you can place the smoothie in a bowl and set in the freezer for 10 or so minutes stirring a few times to prevent freezing just to thicken it up**
*taste mixture before taking it out of the blender. If not sweet enough for you you can add a bit of agave nectar to sweeten it up.*
Step 3~ Pour into a bowl and smooth the top so its flat add yogurt and swirl around on top, add banana and cranberries. Top with granola.
*when I add the granola I add only 1/2 first so when I finish the top layer I and sprinkle more on tip and finish the second half:)*
Step 4~ Dig in!!! 

This is so delicious and healthy. 
My next task for myself is getting the powder instead of the prefrozen packs and make it 100% myself. 
Let me know if you tried it and what you think! 
Give me any tips or pointers to make it better if at all possible:)

thanks for reading:)

jclove
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment