Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This drives me crazy.

This drives me absolutely crazy.
When you are trying to get a job somewhere and you go through your first interview and you have to come in for a second or maybe for a drug test and they tell you to come at this exact time. And you get there and they are busy doing something else. For an hour.
Seriously?
Do not ask someone to be somewhere if you aren't going to be ready at that time. Its extremely unprofessional and rude.
I know I am a great worker, and at that point I just want to tell them I dont want to work with them. Why would I want to work with a company that is so unprofessional and under terrible management.
It happens so often with me.
I'm happy to go somewhere else and give them my work and experience.
And most of the time they dont even apologize, they just act like nothing happened and you didn't just wait an hour for them.
I had one company (not going to point fingers) that I went in to talk to the manager and told him I applied and asked what hours he was looking for and it fit so he said he'd bring me in for an interview. I went in for my first interview and the manager told me that basically this was just to make sure your available hours matched what they needed and to make sure I was presentable and if I was a fit. So after this was over he said I passed and I fit what they need and to call and get the second interview set up later on. I call and set it up. I go to my second interview and im sat at a table to wait and I wait for the manager for an hour and finally a worker comes up and says oh they are in a meeting for about another hour and a half. (BTW. I can see all of the managers across the room, this is a restaurant, they aren't doing anything important, some are walking around and some are sitting talking. One couldn't come and talk to me himself and apologize and let me know what was going on?) So I said ok, and the worker asked if I wanted to wait an hour and a half or come back another day, and I decided to come the next day, same time.
The next day I go and I wait finally get to speak with a manager but this time it was a woman, and she didn't apologize for the day before or acknowledge it at all. She barely acknowledged me she just asked me my availability and said oh well we aren't looking for anyone for those hours so we'll keep your resume and call you if something comes up in a couple of months.
Are you kidding?!
I was so upset.
This is now the 4th time I have driven here. It takes me 25min one way from my house.
Mind you I was trying to be as kind as I could but I wasn't going to just be treated so disrespectfully.
I told her I was told that that was the only reason for the first interview. To make sure I had the hours they needed. And I passed. And she said well we dont need anyone for those hours.
I told her about how I came in yesterday and I rudely had to wait in hour and I had to come again today for you to just tell me you dont need me? I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my life. And just left. She was rude to me in the first place from the second she came to the table.
I wanted to call the corporate office but decided against it..
That is something I can not stand. They are hiring you. Because they need workers. Yes at the same time you might need a job. But you are just as important.
If they are unprofessional and already show poor management I dont want to work there. I doubt it will be any better when you're working there.
Ugh so rude.
Sorry for the rant.
Just needed to get that out haha
jclove
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment