Monday, October 26, 2015

Delicious HEALTHY Cakey Chocolate EXPLOSION cookies!!

If you've read some of my other posts you will know I love sweets and chocolate. 
Well who doesn't?
I love them but I don't want all the guilt and the consequences that come along with a delicious sugary chocolate chip cookie or a nice yummy cupcake. 
I was one of those girls that was "lucky" enough to have the metabolism when I was younger that gave me the ability to eat anything and everything I wanted and I didn't have to worry about gaining a pound. Now I no longer have that gift, at the time I hated it, and I wanted to gain weight so badly and now I have what I wanted and wished I was back to how I used to be. (there is more about this story in another post on my blog check it out if you want)
So now I have to be careful of what I put in my body not only so I don't gain weight but so I am healthy. I can feel what unhealthy foods do to me.  (there will be a post about what I mean by this soon)  So I dont want to put terrible things in my body I want to put things in my body that will only benefit me. Otherwise what is the point of eating it? Food is only supposed to be fuel. To keep you going day after day. Of course you want to enjoy it but I want to find a way to really enjoy what is good:)  
And one day I want to have children of my own and I will not be feeding my children the amount of sugar I see tons of kids eat daily. juices candy cookies etc. Sugar is so bad for us why would we be feeding it to our children? I know I cant keep them completely away from sugar but I can find alternatives to sweet treats now and when I do have children and they want cookies and cakes and whatnot I wont have to worry as much about what is going in their bodies. 
So within this journey I have twisted recipes, tried and failed on many occasions trying to find the perfect sweet healthy "sweets". Sometimes I find a diamond in the dirt and this is one of my diamonds:)

If you like fluffy almost brownie like cookies stuffed with yummy chocolate chips then you will love these:)

The secret to these healthy cookies is.......................................
..............................................................................
................................................
Black Beans.
Yes
 That's right. black. BEANS.
And also no refined sugars added only healthy natural sugars. These "sugars" don't spike your blood sugar levels and you digest them better than sugar. 

I promise you cant even taste the beans you and no one will ever now they are healthy. I tasted them and they are absolutely AMAZING. 
Please try them. You will not be sorry. 
What is there to lose?
well maybe a couple dollars and 20 minutes of your time but still you will not regret it:)



So you will need:

~1 can of Black Beans (no salt added)
~2 tbs Peanut Butter (or any other nut butter you want you cant taste the peanut butter in the cookies)
~2 tbs Olive Oil (I used extra virgin)
~3 1/2 tbs Whole Wheat Flour (or any other HEALTHIER flour than just plain white flour)
~1/4 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
~1/3 cup of AGAVE and/or Honey (I used both so 1/6 Honey & 1/6 Agave)
~1 tsp Baking Powder
~1 tsp Vanilla Extract
~2 dashes of Cinnamon
~1/3-1/2 cup of DARK chocolate chips (I used a variety Jumbo 63% DARK chocolate chunks, Mini Semi-sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips) ((this is the only "sugar" added to this recipe)) *you can just use the dark chocolate chips if you want to be even healthier*
~A bit of extra chips for the top of the cookies if needed


*Preheat oven to 375f*

Step 1~ Rinse beans in a strainer and add to a blender or food processor.
Step 2~ Combine beans, peanut butter, olive oil, vanilla and agave/honey in the blender and pulse until smooth.
Step 3~ Pour mixture into a bowl. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon, stir until well combined.
Step 4~ Fold in chocolate chips
Step 5~ Spoon dough onto lined or lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Push extra chips on top if you desire. (to the left of the picture you can see a few I didn't add chips to the top and the right you can see the ones I did.)
*Don't worry. This dough will be pretty soft. kind of a mix between cookie dough and brownie batter. 
*Dough will not spread or flatten or it barely does so if you like a bit thinner cookies I'd try to spread them out into the shape you want. Whatever shape goes into the oven comes out of the oven.
Step 6~ Bake cookies for 10 minutes. ***AND I MEAN 10 MINUTES.*** they will seem soft and not done but you need to take them out. 
*Let them sit on the sheet for about 5-10 minutes, they will continue to cook as they cool down. after that time you can take the cookies off the sheet and serve warm or store in a air tight container. 


I absolutely love these cookies.
 I think the beans help them have the super cakey/brownie like texture and they are best warm:) 
well that's just my opinion... but you gotta love the soft warm chocolate chips :)

Please let me know what you think and if you tried them:)
Id love to hear if you did and if you have any ideas to make them any better:)

Thanks so much for reading:)

jclove
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment